Nowadays, people are more concerned about fitness and strive for a healthy life.
Swimming is a great way to stay fit and relax after your work hours.
Chilling in the crystal clear and cold water of your pool in the hot summer days. Wouldn’t it be nice?
Although, would you enjoy the hassle of cleaning up your pool to maintain it clean?
Keeping the pool clean is a vital part to keep it clean and take care of our health. Pool water accumulates many contaminants like organic materials like hair and skin from the human body to chemicals like detergents and other cleaning chemicals we use in our daily life.
However, keeping the pools clean is a very complicated and time-consuming task. Unless you have a quality automatic pool cleaner you’ll end up spending more time cleaning it rather enjoying in the pool.
Looking for the best pool cleaner for your puddle?
Well, after reading this blog post you’ll end up with enough information to choose the best automatic pool cleaner. You can also go through our review section of a few handpicked products in this article.
Things to Consider Before Buying an Automatic Pool Cleaner
Now you know how important it is to go for an automatic pool cleaner to cache your health and maintain the elegance of your pool.
Listed below are the main things to consider before choosing the best robotic pool cleaner for your puddle.
1. Pool Type
Before buying an automatic pool cleaner, don’t forget to go for the model that works well with your pool type.
What’s your pool type? Is it above ground pool or in-ground pool?
It matters a lot, the materials from which they are made. Some automatic pool cleaner models work well with in-ground pools while others work well with above ground pools.
Go for the automatic pool cleaner specific for your pool type.
2. Pool Size
The size of your pool is the second main concern before buying an automatic pool cleaner.
Each automatic pool cleaner model is designed to cover a maximum size it can clean.
Don’t forget to go for the model that works well with your pool size.
3. Pool Surface
When it comes to the selection of best pool cleaner the pool surface type is also an important matter to consider.
Some pool cleaners are designed to clean concrete or vinyl surfaces. These models may inturn damage the pool surfaces with glass or tile.
Always go for the model that works well with your pool surface model.
Well, what’s your budget? When it comes to the selection of the best automatic pool cleaner the budget is also an important factor to consider. However, you don’t want to spend a huge amount of money on the best robotic pool cleaner for your puddle.
You can find the finest automatic pool cleaner at a reasonable price. In the next session, we’ll review a few handpicked products that are worth buying.
5. Cleaning Cycle
Cleaning cycle of the pool cleaner is also another important thing to take note of when purchasing the ideal robotic pool cleaner. Different types of robotic pool cleaners have different cleaning cycles which last for a certain amount of time. There are some models which are more efficient and gets the job done sooner, while others take a long time so you will have to wait longer for it to be through cleaning the pool.
How to install and use an automatic pool cleaner
- Clean your pool filter.
- Flush your return line by turning the pump on for five minutes and then back off again.
- Install a universal wall fitting into your dedicated return line.
- Trim the longer hose so its length equals the deepest part of your pool.
- Screw the leader hose into the wall fitting.
- Attach the leader hose to the feed hose after fitting.
- Extend the feed hose across the pool surface to the farthest pool edge from the return line. If it extends far past the pool edge, follow the manufacturer’s instructions for trimming the hose. Typically, you’ll cut equal amounts from each section when making adjustments.
- Make sure that all feed hose floats are evenly spaced.
- Connect the feed hose to the pool cleaner.
- Secure the filter bag as per the instructions for your model.
- If you’re using a booster pump, turn it on next.
- Measure rotations per minute (RPMs) of the cleaner’s wheels to ensure they’re within the range recommended for your model. If your pressure-side pool cleaner’s wheel rotation is slow the cleaner won’t get around the pool well. If they’re rotating too quickly, the cleaner will lift off the floor, and won’t be able to vacuum properly. Ideal RPMs vary by model, so consult your manual before continuing.
- Put a small line on one tire using a marker.
- Turn the cleaner on, and submerge it just below the pool surface.
- Set a timer for one minute.
- Count one tire rotation each time your mark passes the starting point.
- When the minute is up, compare the RPMs you counted to the manual to ensure the total falls somewhere within the recommended range.
- If it doesn’t, adjust as necessary, and repeat the test until you achieve a good number of RPMs.
Your automatic pool cleaner is ready to roll! Use it at least twice a week, or as often as needed.
QUICK REVIEW – BEST AUTOMATIC POOL CLEANER
|#1||Automatic||Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Pool Cleaner||Check Price|
|#2||Automatic||Zodiac MX8 Suction Robotic Pool Cleaner||Check Price|
|#3||Automatic||Polaris Vac-sweep 280 Robotic Pool Cleaner||Check Price|
|#4||Automatic||XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner
Top 5 Robotic Pool Cleaner Model Reviews
After hours of tiring research, we’ve come up with a few handpicked robotic pool cleaner models. We review products only after different quality checks to ensure that you get the best pool cleaner model that can meet your preferences.
1. Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Automatic Pool Cleaner
The Dolphin Nautilus CC Plus Robotic Pool Cleaner is our #1 pick. This unit is very affordable and it comes with impressive features. This automatic pool cleaner serves better when your pool is under 50 ft. This easy to use pool cleaner efficiently cleans up the walls and waterline of your pool.
- This pool cleaner features two types of filters in the unit that makes it easier to remove both fine and large particles.
- The pleated polyester fine mesh takes care of fine debris and the coarse filter effectively deals with leaves and other large particles.
Drop and Forget
With the help of dolphin’s weekly schedule option, set the unit to automatically clean your pool – every day, every other day or every three days.
Dual Scrubbing Brushes
The two scrubbing brushes efficiently attacks and remove dirt from your pool keeping it crystal clear.
This unit is 8 times more energy-efficient than suction and pressure cleaners saving energy with every use.
Product Dimension: 16 x 10 x 16 inches
Item Weight: 19 Pounds
2. Zodiac MX8 Suction Robotic Pool Cleaner
The Zodiac MX8 automatic pool cleaner is apt to battle your pool’s toughest dirt and debris. The featured dual cyclonic suction enables the unit to move faster and deliver maximum vacuum power while requiring 30 percent less flow.
- This pool cleaner can capture fine debris to fallen particles from your pool much efficiently.
- The X-drive technology featured with this unit provides dual navigation and ensures that the robotic pool cleaner thoroughly cleans up floors, walls, and waterline of your pool irrespective of its size.
- It has X-Trax tires equipped with this unit enables excellent maneuverability and climbing performance even in tight corners and vertical walls.
- This automatic pool cooler works well with all types of in-ground pools and is suitable for solar,2-speed and variable speed pumps.
- Robotic pool cleaner by zodiac works well with pool surfaces – concrete, tile vinyl, and fiberglass.
- With the ergonomic design and excellent flexibility, this automatic pool cleaner is capable of removing all types of dirt from your pool effectively in a short period of time.
Product Dimension: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
Item Weight: 1 Pound
3. Polaris Vac-sweep 280 Robotic Pool Cleaner
Polaris Vac-Sweep 280 by zodiac is a powerful pressure-side pool cleaner for all in-ground pools and easily connects to a dedicated pressure line.
- It’s a small-sized pool cleaner it is equipped with enough features to manage all your requirements.
- This automatic pool cleaner works well with all in-ground pools.
- This unit requires the Polaris booster pump for efficient operation.
- With its featured and iconic three-wheel design, this unit efficiently wipes of all types of dirt from your pools floor, wall and waterline.
- The large capacity filter bag collects debris before it reaches the pump basket and filters it there to increase the life of the filter system.
- The in-line back-up valve equipped with the unit automatically frees up if it gets cornered and it continues to clean without any interruption.
Product Dimension: 20 x 23 x 10 inches
Item Weight: 6.2 Pounds
4. XtremepowerUS Automatic Pool Cleaner
The lightweight and easily assembled design of the XtremepowerUS robotic pool cleaner makes it very convenient and easy to use.
- 10 hoses included for up to 30′ pool which is ideal for cleaning the bottom surface and wall; do not apply for cleaning steps.
- The smart and ergonomic design of the unit makes it capable of cleaning inground pools of up to 32 feets irrespective of the size.
- This unit requires at least 1 hp or 1600 GHP swimming pool pump for proper functioning.
- The best part is that this unit requires no electricity or tools for the operation it can easily be mounted to your pools existing filtration system.
- The XtremepowerUS works efficiently wipes of the dirt from your pool irrespective of its shape and size.
Note: Clean up the flapper before using the pool cleaner for efficient and fast operation.
Product Dimension: 41 x 18 x 6 inches
Item Weight: 12 Pounds
5. Aquabot APRVJR Robotic Pool Cleaner
- This pool rover junior by AQUABOT comes with 40-feet of floating cable, a built-in 2-micron fine reusable filter bag, and a power supply transformer
- This fully automatic robotic cleaner vacuums any round, oval, or rectangular flat-surface above-ground pool in 1 hour or less without hoses
- The Aquabot Automatic Pool Cleaner is designed to clean residential above-ground pools.
- This unit is capable of efficiently removing dirt, debris, and contaminants from the pool floor, walls and waterline.
- Though it weighs a little more than the other competitors of this model, the robotic pool cleaner from Aquabot is equipped with enough properties to make it the best automatic pool cleaner.
- The finest filtration ability of this unit makes it a worth buying product from this class.
- This robotic pool cleaner has an easy bottom access filter bag filtration system with filtration down to the smallest of particles (2 microns nominal).
- Powered by a 24-volt pump motor and it provides vacuum suction and jet-drive propulsion and works with the touch of a button
Product Dimension: 21 x 18 x 19 inches
Item Weight: 10 Pounds
Maintain your automatic pool cleaner efficiently
- Empty your filter canister often as it fills with debris from the vacuum.
- Store your pool cleaner hoses flat so that they don’t develop kinks.
- Some suction side cleaners have inline canisters to trap larger debris before it fills your filter canister. Be sure to empty it often.
- Check all the inlets, brushes and wheels for trapped debris often.
- Check and replace your suction cleaning parts as needed.
- Do not forget to remove your robotic cleaner from the pool after its cycle is complete.
- After draining your cleaner of the pool water, coil the power cord on its holder.
- If your cord becomes kinked over time, wrap it in the opposite direction than you usually do when storing.
- After each use, remove the filter bag or canister, and wash it with a hose to remove build-up.
Troubleshooting Your Pool Cleaner
Encountering errors with gadgets is common. Most of them are easily fixed.
- First, check that the pool cleaner is plugged correctly and that the power cord has no damage.
- Cleaner got stuck: Check the brushes, drive tracks, and impellers for lodged debris.
- If your machine doesn’t seem to be moving properly: Lift it partially out of the water to see whether the unit is sucking water as it should. If it’s not, you may need to have it professionally repaired (one of the few times in life you’ll need to fix something because it doesn’t suck).
You’ll spend much more time leaning over the edges of your pool with the scrub brush. Once you buy an automatic pool cleaner you’ll save enough time and hassle cleaning your pool. Buying a robotic pool cleaner can also offer you a few hidden benefits. Never forget to go for the model that suits well with your pool surface, type and comes within your budget.